I expected to be writing a different post today about the house auction yesterday, but who knows what will ever happen in the future?
There was no auction yesterday – only one person showed up (with a family entourage) so no reason to go ahead. He made an offer way below our reserve and then left for the second auction when we didn’t accept it.
So, feeling despondent, we left for our competitor’s auction. It sold for $380,000 (to a family friend, but that’s another story altogether). Our interested party didn’t bid at all (?) and came back with an offer $5000 higher. We still rejected it knowing it wasn’t right.
So after a few hours he came back offering another $2000. Again we said no, and the agent advised us to seriously consider it. We did. It’s not enough – not even what we paid almost three years ago. We’d be worse off if we took it. We want to sell and move to Tasmania, but not at any cost.
Instead we’ve decided to give it a month in private treaty and see what happens. We’ll re-evaluate our choices then (if needed, but I still don’t think we’ll have to).
Still thinking positive. It’ll happen when it happens.
Sent via BlackBerry® from Vodafone