I love cooking, as you know, and the lovely people at Pitango recently asked me to review their risottos. Of course I said yes! And here’s the result…
Pitango Organic Pumpkin Risotto with Chicken
This recipe was enough to feed our family of four and took about 15 minutes to prepare.
• 1 x 500g pouch of Pitango Organic Pumpkin, Leek & Spinach Risotto
• 3x chicken breasts, cut into strips
• 1/2 head broccoli, corn cobs or other vegetables
• Juice of 1/2 lemon
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• Salt and pepper (to taste)
• 1 tsp ground coriander
Toss the chicken in ground coriander, salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in fry pan until golden and cooked through (around 5–6 minutes).
Cut the broccoli and corn cobs, cover and boil until cooked. Drain once cooked and drizzle lemon juice on top.
Pour the risotto into a microwave safe bowl and heat in microwave for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
Serve the risotto with the chicken and vegetables.
The verdict: Harvey and I loved the flavour combination. The kids weren’t sure about the “green things” (spinach) in the risotto, but did like the creamy texture.
* I was not paid for this post, but Pitango did send me a $20 gift card to buy the above ingredients.